Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Going To Be Different This Year

Christmas is coming up so fast this year. Throughout my adult years I have never been one to get very excited over this holiday, with the exception of my daughter's first few Christmases. I don't like to decorate for the holidays, and I don't like Christmas music either. I'm not a grinch though. It's just that the season is usually filled with all the typical stresses, like fighting the crowds in the stores  and parking lots, and sticking to a budget so I wouldn't be paying for presents until the next Christmas.

This year things are going to be different. In fact they're different already. I got our first Christmas tree since we became a family of two and put it up yesterday. It's not the biggest or the prettiest tree, but it's all we really need. There won't be a ton of presents under it either, and that's ok too. It will just be me and my daughter this year and I'm sort of enjoying shopping for her. When you know you don't have a lot of money to spend you are extra careful in what you buy. When she's opening her presents this year I know she'll be excited because they are things she will love. It's definitely all about the quality of the presents this year, not the quantity.

Could it be that I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year? Now let's not get carried away! What I am looking forward to is a much more stress-free holiday season, and I think I might just get through it with a smile this year. :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a fun Christmas season...It is the quality of the gifts...

    ReplyDelete