Monday, November 7, 2011

The Second Time Around

Divorce feels different the second time around. When I was younger I never saw myself being twice divorced, but you can't always control what life hands you so you do your best and move on. That being said, my second divorce is much easier than my first...in most ways.
When I became separated from my first husband I was two months pregnant. It really doesn't get any worse than that, at least for me personally. This time around I have a fourteen year old daughter who is the best in the world. I hit the lottery when I had her. It's much easier adjusting to a new life when there isn't a baby involved.
The first time around I was the one who kept the house, but also had to figure out how to come up with the mortgage payment on a flight attendant's salary. Thanks mom and dad for helping with that. This time my daughter and I moved into our new apartment and we love it! It's considerably smaller than the nearly 4,000 square foot house we were in but it's SO much nicer to clean. It's 1,200 square feet of coziness!
The first time around I was gainfully employed, albeit not making much money. I'm a Realtor now and not making anything so I'm basically unemployed. That makes this time around a little more stressful.
I didn't have multiple sclerosis the first time around, but now I do. That's a biggie.
Even with all those things considered, this situation is much easier the second time around. But that doesn't mean it's actually easy. But we're happy, and that's the most important thing.

2 comments:

  1. Divorce feels different depending on circumstances I think. It was VERY hard on me because I was blindsided. Nevermind the rest.

    I am glad you are happy but no it is never easy no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were going through yours. And you're right that it's never easy.

    ReplyDelete